AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently (past few months) noticed a strange thing regarding the focus of the image with my lcd projector (mits x300), and am wondering if anyone else has ever seen this type of thing before.

When I first turn the projector on, the image is very noticeably out of focus, even though it was perfectly focused when I turned the projector off the night before. I have to adjust the focus when I turn it on, then adjust it again after about an hour of viewing. Over the past two years, maybe the heat of the bulb has somehow affected the focus of the image? Because it is out of focus when cool, then it gradually comes into focus after it warms up. Or could this possibly just be that the bulb is getting old? I'm still using the original bulb. I don't know exactly how many hours are on it, but I estimate it has between 1,500 & 1,800 hours. I never had this happen with my previous projector. Anyone ever hear of this kind of thing happening before?

Ben

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I am not sure the source of the problem, but I can't see how the bulb's age is causing the focus problem. Allthough if it is a 2000 hour bulb, it is probably time to buy a replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.