1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
InFocus Proxima

Model DP2000x

S/N AGFN31100162

Apparently the projector started "bleeding" from top to bottom. After replacing the bulb, the projection has a large green blob on the bottom and the rest seems to be tinted pink. Not sure if the pink is supposed to be there or not. The green blob looks like it has water or some liquid sprayed in the bottom right corner that you can focus and unfocus, so the lens is clean. We cleaned the lens and the bulb, no fix.

Would this problem be inside the projector or on the bulb? An easy fix?

Thanks in advance. I'll check in often if I need to answer questions.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i think you posted in the wrong forum but the pink dots are dust on the LCD panels inside the projector.

The green dot sounds more serious. My guess a burn on the LCD however i could also be dust.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatGuy /forum/post/0

i think you posted in the wrong forum but the pink dots are dust on the LCD panels inside the projector. .

maybe he posted in the right forum, it's time to get a good CRT projector and put those horrible LCD's behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatGuy /forum/post/0

The green dot sounds more serious. My guess a burn on the LCD however i could also be dust.

burned panels, failed color wheels, misalignment, unavailable parts and a slew of other un-repairable problems with LCD/DLP is why we still love our 10 year old CRT's

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
13 year old CRT for me !

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
It's the LCD panel gone bad, Throw it out.

Call InFocus, and you'll get 'Paul', aka Abdul telling you they don't have repair depots, but he'd be happy to issue you an RMA to send it to InFocus. They have horrible customer service, I just went through this...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan halvorson /forum/post/0

Look for one of the Digital Projector forums.

Wow...can't believe I didn't think of that.

Curt; Well, that bites. I guess I'll take it apart just for the sake of learning then. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Sorry! Everything digital now is designed to be disposable, MP3 players, cameras, you name it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.