AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Viewsonic LCD Monitor have a response time of 8ms, but i still see ghosting on PC games and this really affect me.

I bought a XBOX360 and i am thinking buying a front projector, but i dont know if LCD Projectors have the same problem of ghosting or motion blur like LCD TVs/Monitors.

What you people think is the best projector to play XBOX360...Panasonic AX100 (LCD) or Optoma HD70 (DLP) ?

I think DLP technology dont have ghosting problems...am i right?

I really want to buy the AX100 because of high lumens (2000), but i dont know if LCD technology in projectors is free of ghosting.

Thanks

NABCS

·
Registered
70 Posts
I see minor motion blur in certain cases on my AE900U...

I don't see motion blur on DLP's, but what I do see is some other kind of constant dithering or noise which is incredibly distracting. I'm sure it's something to do with the technology, because i see it across manufacturers and products (front AND rear projectors). It looks to me like the whole pictures is shimmering, and it gets WAY worse when things move.

Motion blur (LCD) would have to be far worse than what i see on my AE900U to bother me as much as DLP "shimmer".

My advice...

Find a store that has one, drag your Xbox in, and demand to hook it up before you buy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.