AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently found out that LCD RPTV's can get pixelation, and that this problem is not covered under the extended warranty. I haven't verified this yet with CC, but I have read it on the forum. Can someone who knows tell me more info. This is my last day to trade my Sony, and if indeed this is true, I don't want to risk this possible problem......HELP!!

Does DLP technology run this risk?

Thanks,

Peggy

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Pixelation" is way too general a term in regards to describing or diagnosing a problem. Can you be more specific? Mostly, when I hear of a problem termed "pixelation" I think more of signal/decoding artifacts than problems with the display, unless it's a lower res plasma being discussed...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading for hours this am, I read a number of posts that discussed how damaged or burned out pixels resulting from either high intensity light from the bulb or just damage from other sources are not covered under an extended warranty.

Sorry about not being more specific but I am very new to this arena. I bought my LCD rptv sony 42" at xmas, and now I'm in the 13th hour trying to decide what to do. Originally we were going to just go up to the 50" , but now I'm really not convinced of this technology and am steering more towards the DLP. I also know the problems that DLP tech. also has at this time, but at least the mirrors are covered under the warranty.

Thanks for taking the time to address my concerns.

Peggy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.