AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information on Sony, Panasonic or Hitachi plans to come out with new models in the near future? I like what I see with Sony's new 42" GWIII and with the Panasonic and Hitachi LCDs as well, but I am hoping that one of these companies catches on to Samsung's idea of putting speakers on the base (instead of on the side increasing width) along with other creative ideas to give consumers more options.

Hopefully noone else made the mistake of having cabinetry built with a 51" opening precluding a purchase of any of the 50" LCDs.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Silverman,

I built my own cabinet with the plan of getting a 53 inch Pioneer RPTV (530HD), so my dimensions preclude me from many of the current, popular displays. But, the Samsung 56" DLP fits which is why I am leaning towards it.

I wish more manufacturers made slim cabinets so that their displays could be placed in smaller spaces. All of the Sony's have speakers on the sides, which is a real pain!

Sorry, I don't have information on upcoming displays. Just wanted to chime in on the cabinet dilemma.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.