AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this has been covered but I didn't really find an answer I can TRUST. I just bought a Samsung LN55B650 LCD TV, and I need to know a SAFE way to clean the SCREEN. I'm a smoker, and would like to put myself on a schedule (seriously!) of cleaning the screen on a regular basis to keep that tar and nicotine from ruining that SWEET picture. I've done some research, and I WILL NOT use a cleaner with alcohol or ammonia..won't do it. NOPE..But

I DID find one that seems to get excellent reviews...chemical free, streak free, and supposedly..SAFE. I'm scared to death of damaging this tv..(and scared to make my own cleaning solution, as has been recommended by many) I'm blown away by the picture quality of this tv.. The product I found that I like (so far) is "OptiMist". Does anyone have any experience using this product on a large flat screen television? I want to get started fairly soon keeping it clean so the "gunk" doesn't start to accumulate...and get ahead of me. Any thoughts on this product? They're very much appreciated. Thanks...

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I use a soft cloth with a small amount of Windex sprayed on the cloth, not the tv. Been doing it for a long time on tvs and computer monitors with no problems.

·
Registered
12,691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblegs /forum/post/18288441

Forgive me if this has been covered but I didn't really find an answer I can TRUST. I just bought a Samsung LN55B650 LCD TV, and I need to know a SAFE way to clean the SCREEN. I'm a smoker, and would like to put myself on a schedule (seriously!) of cleaning the screen on a regular basis to keep that tar and nicotine from ruining that SWEET picture. I've done some research, and I WILL NOT use a cleaner with alcohol or ammonia..won't do it. NOPE..But

I DID find one that seems to get excellent reviews...chemical free, streak free, and supposedly..SAFE. I'm scared to death of damaging this tv..(and scared to make my own cleaning solution, as has been recommended by many) I'm blown away by the picture quality of this tv.. The product I found that I like (so far) is "". Does anyone have any experience using this product on a large flat screen television? I want to get started fairly soon keeping it clean so the "gunk" doesn't start to accumulate...and get ahead of me. Any thoughts on this product? They're very much appreciated. Thanks...

I just bought this today. It works well on my LN32B650, which is a smaller version of your TV. It worked quite well and was easy to use. Be sure to read this link directly from Samsung when I asked tech support via live chat about how to clean the screen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, that seems to be the "ticket" (price is right too) ..thanks Plasma and everyone else. I don't know how I missed that. I've been looking all over the place for quite a while. The reviews, though only three of them, make it sound safe, so I think I'll go that route. (man, I'm STILL nervous about this though!) I sure appreciate your time! Thanks! (Boy....I sure wouldn't want to put Windex on it...jeez!)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Walmart also carries an electronic cleaner from Vizio that I bought last week and it works great. It's a foam amd does not leave streaks like the Monster Screen Clean I also have used.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Anyone tried CleanDR?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts