AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
westinghouse l2410nm in my opinion. That gateway has an awesome color gamut, but it is a TN panel which just depends on your preference.

·
Registered
480 Posts
 http://www.viewsonic.com/products/de...ries/vx2835wm/

Viewsonic. It is what I have. Has all sorts of connections (I have two PC's and a PSP connected at the moment).

It has viewing angle issues but I don't notice any more. I think there was quite a bit of a 'blooming' effect at extreme angles but it seems to have diminished through use...

In a another thread many were excited by the Dell 24", not sure what manner of inputs it provides...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
up to $600, more if something is great.

Is the dell better then the gateway? The gateway lists hdmi and a quicker response time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/12970557

Give us a pricerange.

·
Registered
18,850 Posts
 THIS Hanns·G 28" one is pretty popular if you're looking for a gaming monitor. Averages 5 out of 5 stars on Newegg, that's out of 170+ reviews so far. Spectacular 3ms response time. If I didn't already have my 24" display I'd probably go with that one.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one looks very promising. It looks like it has hdmi, vga, and component. And a very speedy 3ms response time. Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/12974701

THIS Hanns·G 28" one is pretty popular if you're looking for a gaming monitor. Averages 5 out of 5 stars on Newegg, that's out of 170+ reviews so far. Spectacular 3ms response time. If I didn't already have my 24" display I'd probably go with that one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dell makes a 2407FP-HC (high color) and it looks phenomenal. We got a couple here at work to use for presentations to 5 or fewer people. It will set you back about 700-750 though.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is funny. I am now thinking the 28" viewsonic or the dell 30" will be better. Both have dedicated component inputs. As well as hdmi. (Dell also has dvi) The hann uses a vga to component adapter. I will be using the vga, so changing will be a hassle.

I think the viewsonic is a 6 bit while the dell is 8 bit. I am saving a bit, but want something big and of great quality. It will be for two pcs on a vga switcher and a 360.

Anyone have either of these? Or any other suggestions?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=222-7315

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116084

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I think for a console, you may find the 30" range to be quite optimal. As for the Dell 30" my cousin-in-law has one and it performs exactly like my 24" version so I would go for the Dell if I were in the market for a 30".

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/12999728

It is funny. I am now thinking the 28" viewsonic or the dell 30" will be better. Both have dedicated component inputs. As well as hdmi. (Dell also has dvi) The hann uses a vga to component adapter. I will be using the vga, so changing will be a hassle.

I think the viewsonic is a 6 bit while the dell is 8 bit. I am saving a bit, but want something big and of great quality. It will be for two pcs on a vga switcher and a 360.

Anyone have either of these? Or any other suggestions?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=222-7315

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116084

The HannsG uses dvi to hdmi input so you can still use a vga switcher.The Viewsonic is getting mediocre reviews around the web, I myself am thinking in purchasing the HannsG it can be had for 479 in most websites don't get it at bestbuy they are overpriced with the money you save you can get an extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would be using the vga for the pc and then couldn't use the vga to component adapter for compenent in. But the hann has good specs. I would love to see them side by side. But the viewsonic and the dell are high on my lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubZ /forum/post/13015560

The HannsG uses dvi to hdmi input so you can still use a vga switcher.The Viewsonic is getting mediocre reviews around the web, I myself am thinking in purchasing the HannsG it can be had for 479 in most websites don't get it at bestbuy they are overpriced with the money you save you can get an extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I have the 27.5 HannsG and I love it.

It does have one flaw though, it always scales full-screen, it has no 1x1 pixel mapping mode. So old 4x3 games get stretched to 16:9. Some video cards have scaling options to avoid this issue but I couldn't get my 8800gt to cooperate. So for the same reason this wouldn't be the best screen for 360 or PS3. It will stretch the 16x9 signal to 16x10.

But as a PC monitor it is fantastic. I tried a 32" Aquos but text in web surfing and in visual studio was horrid. The Hanns G is way way better as a pc monitor.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for the info on the hann scaling issue. Now I have to find out if the viewsonic has 1 to 1 pixel mapping and if it is 8 bit or 6 bit color. Is there any other options for 28"ish lcd besides hann, viewsonic, gateway, apple and Dell?

So my list is:

28" ish

1 to 1 pixel

low lag for gaming

8 bit color

vga, hdmi, and component input

Any suggestions

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
BenQ FP241W, We've got 3 in our house and they are freaking fantastic! I game on mine and play everything on 1920x1200 from crysis to COD4 to flight sim x and it has been nothing but awesome!

The other 2 in the house are used by my roommate on his gaming machine and one for our pc in the living room.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1066372 . it also now has 1:1 mapping but better hurry there's not too many left, Benq has deemed them too pricey (around $550-600) and is stopping production. they are a pva panel and any more info is on the site listed.

It is concidered one of the best 24inch pannels around and man I'm glad I jumped on the chance to buy 3 lol

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll look at both the benq and the sharp. The benq is a little small and the sharp a little big, but both seem to have 1 to 1 and all the connections I need.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts