AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have been looking around the market, and well I was originally planning on getting a Rear Projection Television, but due to space constraints, I have decided to venture into that Venue. My new choice has been the Grand Wega by Sony. Now I have a couple of question: How is Plasma different from LCD? Is LCD as good as Plasma in video quality? How bad is the burn in with the Grand Wega? Is the Grand Wega's picture quality any good by anyone's opinions? Well guys, thanks, you guys may just help me determine which television to purchase. THANKS! :eek:

·
Registered
253 Posts
How is Plasma different from LCD?

Plasma is a direct view display; Sony LCD is a rear projection TV.

Is LCD as good as Plasma in video quality?

In general, rear projection TVs are inferior to their direct view counterparts in picture quality.

How bad is the burn in with the Grand Wega?

No burn-in.

Is the Grand Wega's picture quality any good by anyone's opinions?

Many people say highly of Sony GW's picture quality.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just took delivery of a Sony KF-60XBR800 LCD widescreen. It replaced my previous 53" rear projector XBR 4:3 Sony. The picture is awesome. I was impressed a year ago when I saw side by side comparison of the LCD next to the rear projector. DVD's in progressive scan are impressive.

I've only had the set a week. I'm in progress of setting up my Sony DirecTV HD-200 receiver (waiting for delivery of the eliptical antenna), so I haven't yet seen an HD signal on this set.

An equivalent plasma would have cost $15K. I think LCD is the bridge between rear projector and Gas Plasma until Plasma prices come down for the larger screens.

If you can afford the difference in price between the rear projector and the LCD, go LCD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.