AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LCD TV questions - Samsung LN37B530

Hi. I am buying my first non-CRT TV (better late than never), looking for good quality but not newest or leading edge. I have done lot of research and have narrowed my choices down to a 37 inch or 40 inch LCD. It is for my living room - don't want too small of a screen or too big (regular non HD content looks terrible on bigger screens I find and a lot of TV is still there). My questions to forum are:

1. Re: Samsung LN37B530, I have read consistently positive reviews of this unit but have come across more than a comments about poor audio quality from the built in speakers in Samsung LCD TVs (including 37B550). Any forum users have experience that refutes or verifies this?

2. What would comparable LCD TVs in 37 inches be? My Web research seems to points to maybe Panasonic 37" 1080p LCD HDTV (TCL37S1) being a close second? Any comments on this or others?

3. Should I spend the extra $300-400 and move up to the 40 inch Samsung? Only thing I am worried about is how poor image quality of non HD content looks on bigger screens

Thanks to all

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The 37" will either contain an AUO or CMO panel. So there a 1 in 2 chances of getting a quality panel.

In the 40" arena, you can increase the chance by 2 in 3.

PS: Panasonic LCD are excellent for gaming, but horrible for movies due to poor black levels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi to all:

Pardon my ignorance, i tried to click search but cannot find a link.

I am considering in getting this Samsung 37" B530 or Panasonic 37" X10.

If will get Sammy. What is the different between AUO or CMO panel? which one should I choose? How to choose such?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.