AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an LCD tv for my bedroom.

I have a 41.5" wall area that I'm looking to put it on (the tv should really probably be at most ~ 36" wide thus leaving some space on either side so it doesn't look too filled up).

Viewing distance is ~ 15 feet.

I have a DirectTV tivo (svideo) that I'm looking to hook up to it for now. Probably also want to have the ability to hook up a DVD player (dvi or progressive). Down the line I may want to hook up a HTPC to it as well so should have the flexibility to do some pixel perfect mapping type stuff.

Price is important. Need to come in under $ 1000.

I've been looking at 27" and 32" Sceptre, Syntax, and Maxent TVs so far.

Any recommendations?

thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you viewing from 15ft you need to go bigger. You almost might just go for a 42" PLasma. If you want LCD then get a 37" LCD. I know Fry's Electronics has Syntax 37 LCD for 1500 on special alot. Now you from seattle so i don't think you got a Fry's But if frys can go that low you can haggle another place. But i would recommend a 42" Plasma from a good company over a big LCD.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khans
Price is important. Need to come in under $ 1000.

I've been looking at 27" and 32" Sceptre, Syntax, and Maxent TVs so far.

Any recommendations?

thanks!
On a recent trip to Circuit City I saw some decent looking Magnavox's in your price range. Tosh and Panny are excellent but will set you back a couple more Franklins. Sony and Mitsu are also excellent...but pricey. Good hunting.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
There is a Frys just south of Seattle in Renton.

I saw a 32" Vizio at Costco in Tukwila right at your price limit. A pretty good picture; not as good as a Sharp or any of the 2X the cost LCDs, but good.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.