AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 32'' LG LCD and it has a resolution of 1366x768.

if i attach my PC to the TV through HDMI can i increase the resolution to 1920x1080? my pc supports 2560+ resoultion

i'm wondering if i watch a HD movie while my PC connected to the TV will the resolution be 1366x768? or higher.

what is native resolution. I'm really very confused. please guide.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Native resolution is your tv's resolution, it's only resolution. HD tvs can display only in their native resolution. So if you feed it a higher or lower resolution signal, it will just take the signal and convert it to it's "native resoluiton". LCDs are 768p, but are considered 720p tvs. You can try sending your tv different resolutions, some will work, some may not, just pick the one that looks best to you. I use the resolution closest to my tv's native one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my TV is not full HD i guess. i checked the tv manual and it says HD ready.

if i play a 1080p movie on a tv that has 1920x1080 reso will i be getting the actual 1080p reso and if i play that same movie on a TV whose reso is 1366x768 i'll be getting 720p right?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
A 768p tv is HD, it's just not "full" HD 1080p. A 1080p tv, when fed a 1080p signal, like a Blu Ray or a game system, will display in 1080p. Cable/sat boxes HD signal maxes out at 1080i. A 1080p tv will display a higher resolution picture than a 720p tv, so the answer to your question is yes, the same movie will display differently on tvs with different resolutions. Tho in a 32" size tv you won't be able to tell much of a difference. The difference starts showing up at 40" tv and larger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.