AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

Hope this is the right spot to post this, please let me know if it's not and I'll delete/move it.

I just purchased a new sony bravia 46"" Z series.. love it so far. I need to build a stand for it though and put some components under it. The tv "hole" on my display wall sits next to the fireplace (which we don't use much). The hole is 44" high x 29" deep x 45" wide. Long story short.. after the stand is built, there will be roughly 2" of breathing room on each side of the tv.

My brother and I have devised a simple stand with some fans built in the back attached to a thermostat and I wanted to put it out there to see if anyone had issues with the design.

In the for holes, I will be putting a HD PVR, 360, old xbox, bravia sync audio receiver.

I am slightly concerned about the 360 as it's prone to overheating in confined spaces.. however, with the 120mm fans in the rear drawing air from the front, this might not be a problem.. We plan to use convection push the air out the 2" space at the top and sides of the tv. Optionally if it gets too hot and convection is not enough, we'll attach a fan to the top (ceiling) of the display cabinet to move the air forward.

What I am wondering is:

a) Will this provide enough ventilation for all my components and TV?

b) Will convection work with the design? if not will the fan at the top?

c) Is this safe with my 360? (without nyko fans/etc) and is this safe with the rest of my components?

d) Are two 120mm fans enough? quiet enough? Planning on using these:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...lutions%20Ltd.

Here are the drawings (compliments of my bro):

here's a shot of our cabinet/tv space (where the plant/silver pot is):

front and side view of plans:

back view (simple) of plans:

ok that's it for now, thanks to you all in advance..

cheers

Eric

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one have any comments? I scanned the forums, can't find any similar ideas.. has this been done before? any links would be great... cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts