AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
The article is okay but the picture is ridiculous. On axis, the Samsung (and probably the Sony as well) would have blacks about the same as the 8G Kuro.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
FWIW, Home Theater Mag just did a high-end shootout in the February issue...Kuro Elite, Panny 800 and Samsung/Sony LED's.

Kuro won. Surprise.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-A-G-L-E-S /forum/post/15573669

I don't think they would, due to the white stars on the screen...but could be wrong.

They still would. The standard CCFL blacklit LCDs from Samsung already have blacks similar to 8G Kuros. The Samung plasmas blacks are way, way worse than any current Sony or Samsung LCD.

Not saying that they're necessarily better overall, but that picture really isn't a fair representation.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I disagree, the two I get to see in homes(a 52a650 and a 52a750) do not have a uniform black, especially when there is anything else on the screen.(even from straight on)

The Sammy plasma blacks are weak comparatively, but more uniform.

It is most likely a different case with the LED backlit 950 and xbr8.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-A-G-L-E-S /forum/post/15573771

I disagree, the two I get to see in homes(a 52a650 and a 52a750) do not have a uniform black, especially when there is anything else on the screen.(even from straight on)

The Sammy plasma blacks are weak comparatively, but more uniform.

It is most likely a different case with the LED backlit 950 and xbr8.

More uniform, yes, but much lighter than any Sony or Samsung LCD...when viewed on axis.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Newer ones yes, but not as recently as the 71 series.

I'd hope that was their first thing to address with the new panels for '09 and not just getting thinner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.