AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps it is simply me becoming more and more critical of my Hitachi's image but....

I am now noticing a color shift issue.... It manifests itself on pure black images... The bottom left and top right are a little greenish and the band running top left to bottom right is the (known about) blueish purple....

Its one thing to work on a filter to effect overall color but this is now another thing bugging me.... and attaning a full balance is not (so far) possible....

I have heard of calibrators adjusting the polarizor plates... Is this a (technically OK skilled) user thing ??? I know zonal shading is a JVC 150 feature but not on the budget Hitachi....

Any suggestions ??

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Hitachi has zone shading

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Phat,

It's called "C. Unif." in the service menu. You can adjust many different "zones" at different intensity levels, so should be able to get the coloration correct at just the low light levels without messing up the rest of it.

Mark

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK Thanks thats nice to know..... Before this gets dangerous... Anyone got a service manual link or can email it if its not too huge (seem to remember this before but dont have it)...

Also will settings like the zone shading survive after a dilard calibration ???

·
Wireless member
27,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tycoondog2
The perfect Margarita

one is just right

two is too many

three is never enough
From my experience, it is: One is too many and two's not enough. But we could discuss it - over margaritas.

(Sorry, a bit of topic. But I couldn't resist.)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Check out my color uniformity thread. There's a link in my signature. It covers the C-unif on New Hitachi projectors.

Tor Arne

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
I tried this and found it has no effect on the 10IRE or lower and thats where the problem lies.

Its also very easy to mess up the mid range if you do not know what your doing and very difficult to get it back. For some reason the control interacts with other zones and at different light levels.

Be careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.