AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting into LD because I want to be able to watch the SW trilogy, Indiana Jones trilogy, and the theatrical version of Blade Runner etc. I own a Mits 55-807. I was wondering how the Pioneer CLD-D504 or CLD-D606 would look on my TV. I could maybe swing a 704, and I know it is suppose to be quite the performer. I have done searches on both this and HTF. I'm not expecting the performance of 480P DVD, but I want it to be tolerable. VHS is unacceptable on my TV :mad: I cannot afford the LD-S9 or the CLD-99. Anyone have experience with a Mits 55" and an average LD player?

HC

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I've got a Mits 65905 and a Pioneer CLD-406. I didn't really enjoy watching LDs on it. Especially zooming them. Too much shimmer and aliasing. I did buy an iScan Pro just for LDs. It makes LD watching Enjoyable again!

YMMV, some LDs look better than others, of course.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I'd recommend you plan on getting an DVDO iscan too. I use the V2 and it works very well. I suggest you try for a CLD 704 or the similar Elite 79. The CLD's 59, 406, 606 and DVL models are worth looking at too but they'll all have a little noisier picture quality. Good luck on your quest!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.