AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I posted a question asking whether or not I'd be able to grab the Dolby Digital output from my LD player along with the video and author it to DVD. Not easy, if not impossible.

This is a slightly different question. Let's say I have some LaserDiscs that are NOT Dolby Digital that I'd like to burn to DVD. So, I can capture the video and stereo audio fine. Those Laserdiscs are letterboxed.

Is there a way I can take the letterboxed video, crop it (or whatever term you want to use) and burn a 16 X 9 anamorphic DVD from it? Obviously the video quality won't be as good, but I'd like to be able to watch that picture on the projector.

Ideas?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The best you could do is find an authoring program that flags the aspect ratio of the letterboxed image and use a DVD player that properly adjusts the frame accordingly. My JVC DVD player does that. Unfortunately, DVD Studio Pro doesn't set that flag so all my letterboxed LD->DVD conversions are non-anamorphic.

Mike

·
Registered
777 Posts
It is possible to TMPmpeg. It is a little tricky to set up but you can encode the video stretched vertically and crop some of the black bars. It is a bit of trial and error but it does work.

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.