AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new user here, so please bear with me-especially if this subject has been covered elsewhere, even though I can't find it anywhere.

Anyway, the problem I have, is that I have a Samsung LE40R73BDX LCD which I am trying to set up for my partner (she's moved in with me & now wants her telly set up!) I have a sky HD box and a ps3 & I've tried to connect them both via the hdmi connection. The problem is that neither are showing up, but both are ok via scarts. I know both the sky & ps3 hdmi connections are fine because they were both working on my Phillips LCD earlier.

When I press the source button on the remote (or on the set) the only options it's showing is ext1, ext2, dtv & tv. All the other options are greyed out even though the hdmi connection is made securely.

After finding the user guide, the only thing that refers to hdmi use, is a line that says 'when connecting this product via hdmi or dvi to a set top box, DVD player or games console etc, make sure that it has been set to a compatible video output mode as shown in the table below. Failure to do so may result in picture distortion, image break up or no picture.' I assume it is something to do with this, but does it mean change the video output on the tv or the sky/console? I checked the settings on the sky services and tried changing it from 1020 to 720, but that hasn't worked.

I'm not an enthusiast and am just used to being able to 'plug & go', so the fact hdmi isn't being recognised is baffling me! Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially if its in simple laymans terms! :)

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmason /forum/post/20817995

Yes..I am from the UK..is this a US only forum then?

It's not US only; however, most of the members are from the USA. Since the specs for European TVs are a bit different, I'd advise you not to give up on getting an answer because there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here.

It will just take the right person & may take some time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.