AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad is ready to replace his now defunct Onkyo Receiver and has around $500.


I've looked at the following which all offer a little different package.


Denon AVR-1910

Yamaha 863BL

Pioneer 1019


Not really sure which one to have him go with. Are there any others you would have him consider?


The Pio is highly rated in a lot of places but word of mouth tells me to go with the Denon or Yammie.


Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


This will all be run through one HDMI hook up to a Samsung 46 Plasma, I am unsure of the model but was top of the line 1 or 2 years ago... I can get the model number if it helps. Has a Samsung BluRay as well, which the model number slips my mind....


Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. I was not aware of the Pio Elites dipping that low in the price range.


Is it mostly a flip of the coin which to go with, or are there any specs that lead you away from some of these?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBoy2593 /forum/post/18198668


There's no authorized internet dealers for Elite products on the internet meaning no warranty whatsoever. The 2 year is a good deal though. This is off Pioneer's web site.

]

If you buy from an authorized dealer or your dealer buys from auth distribution there is a 2 year warranty period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
How can you prove the store buys from an authorized distributor? I'm curious, because of how Pio words this clause on their site.


"NOTE: Pioneer does NOT authorize any dealers to sell Elite-branded products on the Internet (only in-store sales are permitted). Therefore, any Elite-branded product purchased on the Internet is NOT authorized, which means that it does NOT carry the manufacturer's limited warranty and does not qualify for any manufacturer's rebate."


Like any other purchase from a non-known store, it's best to check BBB as well right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianBoy2593 /forum/post/18198755


How can you prove the store buys from an authorized distributor? I'm curious, because of how Pio words this clause on their site.


"NOTE: Pioneer does NOT authorize any dealers to sell Elite-branded products on the Internet (only in-store sales are permitted). Therefore, any Elite-branded product purchased on the Internet is NOT authorized, which means that it does NOT carry the manufacturer's limited warranty and does not qualify for any manufacturer's rebate."


Like any other purchase from a non-known store, it's best to check BBB as well right?

Because he sells them. He is authorized, he is legitimate, and Pioneers website for the most part is full of crap. I purchased my Elite 79AVi DVD/SACD/DVD-A player from an UN-AUTHORIZED dealer. When I received it I registered it on Pioneers website. Within minutes I got an email from Pioneer stating that that player was registered and covered. I believe they go by serial number moreso than where you bought it. Get the receiver from the site I posted and your'e good to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/18198782


Because he sells them. He is authorized, he is legitimate, and Pioneers website for the most part is full of crap. I purchased my Elite 79AVi DVD/SACD/DVD-A player from an UN-AUTHORIZED dealer. When I received it I registered it on Pioneers website. Within minutes I got an email from Pioneer stating that that player was registered and covered. I believe they go by serial number moreso than where you bought it. Get the receiver from the site I posted and your'e good to go.

Are you sure that you will not need a bill of sale when you have warranty work done? I would personally tend to believe what is on their website.


Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSmith /forum/post/18198821


Are you sure that you will not need a bill of sale when you have warranty work done? I would personally tend to believe what is on their website.


Mark

I'm sure that he will give you a bill of sale. He's authorized. Contact them. He can answer any question you have. If he gives you the shaft you know where he hides out. Here. RomanO.
He's also a forum sponsor, what does he have to lie about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
If you stretch your budget by $50 more, you can get the Denon 2310ci at Electronics Expo for $553 shipped after BING cashback
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menasor /forum/post/18198860


If you stretch your budget by $50 more, you can get the Denon 2310ci at Electronics Expo for $553 shipped after BING cashback

Good receiver but if in the future you should want to add an amp you can't. No pre-outs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/18198874


Good receiver but if in the future you should want to add an amp you can't. No pre-outs.

Is that the best option if he is not going with amps? He'll never go there....me on the other hand?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Regarding the Elite 21... If you're interested in that but want to buy online get the Pioneer VSX-9040TXH. It's the same as the Elite 21 except no Elite badge and one year warranty instead of two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.R /forum/post/18198967


Regarding the Elite 21... If you're interested in that but want to buy online get the Pioneer VSX-9040TXH. It's the same as the Elite 21 except no Elite badge and one year warranty instead of two.

Thank you for the enlightenment CJR. A quick search showed $530 for the 9040.


hm. what do we think between the Pio and the Denon (9040 vs 2310)? Again, my dad will never go to separates, and will not need anything else crazy special, just solid sound and image quality and quality build..... quality.



SIDE NOTE: found 21TXH for $470 after BCB.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,815 Posts
The Denon is harder to setup depending on whom you read from here. It also has Audyssey Multi-Eq as compared to the Pioneers MCACC. Both have their fans. Between these two it would problably be a toss-up. Also would he be concerned if its THX certified or not. The Elite is and the 2310 is not. Either would serve him well. For all the info you would need to setup the Denon go to Batpig's website(a member here). Good luck and hope you find what you want. There are a lot of choices in this price range. Most of them are good ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/18199210


The Denon is harder to setup depending on whom you read from here. It also has Audyssey Multi-Eq as compared to the Pioneers MCACC. Both have their fans. Between these two it would problably be a toss-up. Also would he be concerned if its THX certified or not. The Elite is and the 2310 is not. Either would serve him well. For all the info you would need to setup the Denon go to Batpig's website(a member here). Good luck and hope you find what you want. There are a lot of choices in this price range. Most of them are good ones.

Sounds good. I'll probably have him go with the Denon, despite the "issues" people are claiming on setup. More times than not I hear Pio is slipping while I rarely read about Denon's having issues/build quality/performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,993 Posts
100's of people on this forum have purchased pioneer receivers from Will (aka Will2) at videogon over the last few years. He's an authorized pio dealer. He currently has the VSX21 for $500 shipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,190 Posts
Maybe I'm too experienced but I had no problem connecting my 4 devices to my Denon AVR-989, 3 HDMI, one component video. Setup didnt take long at all. Didn't even use Batpig's web link.


And the Audyssey Multi EQ-XT works great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Hello,

I would go with a refurbished or B-Stock Onkyo TX-SR806: http://www.accessories4less.com/make...r-Black/1.html


THX Ultra 2 Plus Certified, Audyssey MultEQ, preamp outputs, and more.

Original Retail is 1099 and is available for 549. While not as powerful as the TX-SR805 that proceeded it, the 806 is still an excellent AVR.

Accessories4less is an Authorized Dealer and there is a 1 Year Warranty. This is as opposed to the 2 Year Warranty you would get with a A-Stock.

Cheers,

AD
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top