AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello AVS Forum, I'm a long time reader (3-4 months), first time poster. I want to thank all the posters for all the great info here, and ask a question.

I am currently in the process of buiding a dedicated home theater in my basement. I have pretty much chosen the Sanyo PLV-Z2 for the projector I will use. I anticipate completing construction in about eight weeks. I would hate to get done and then find out I have to wait another eight weeks for the projector. So, should I go ahead and order it now, and figure it should arrive about the time I'm done with construction? Any reason not to?

Any one out there think I should go with Panasonic PT-L500 which I think is currenty available immediately?

My room is approx 14' x 25 with a 7 foot ceiling. There will be very minimal ambient light. (no windows). I plan a 110" diagonal 16:9 screen. Viewing distance should be about 12 -16'. I would like to mount the projector flush to the ceiling, so I my need the lens shift of the Z2.

Any and all comments appreciated. I should be able to take some pictures this weekend. I have completed the demolition and will be working on the framing.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Search and you will find a Z2 availability thread. They are currently in short supply - who know for how long. Several folks have had one on order for several weeks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Order from Japan, you will get it within 36 hours. I did and I'm lovin my Z2!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Order from Japan, you will get it within 36 hours. I did and I'm lovin my Z2!

Unless of course you need warranty support, then, well........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Projectordepot had 20 as of this afternoon and Focused Technology has a couple. I placed my order today and will have it Friday.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ordered mine 12/31 and it will be here this Friday 1/30. Just in time for the move in to the new house with the dedicated HT room.

...Bob

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hold your horses!

I can't believe 10 replies and nobody warned of the reason to NOT order it now and have it potentially sit around?

Your warranty ... actually, more specifically the lamp warranty starts from the day the projector is sold to you.

The warranty, in case you weren't aware, on the lamp is 90 days.

So ... if you receive your projector in 2 weeks (yes, unlikely ... but possible) and you do not install and begin using it until April/May ... and the lamp pops immediately, you are out of luck.

I would recommend waiting until 2 weeks before completion. Then order the projector. If at that time your dealer has one to ship immediately, give a large deposit and ask them to put it on their hold shelf for a week.

That way you are not getting stiffed out of the (already short) lamp warranty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, the gist of this is that I can probably expect lead time to be in the 2-6 weeks neighborhood. And that I don't want to have the projector sitting around using up my lamp warranty in the box, so it is better to err on the side of a little late than a little early. Thanks for everyone's info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.