AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this card? Please reference Leadtek's site or newegg if you're interested (would post a link, but I can't yet as I haven't reached the minimum number of posts to do so).

Can't find any decent official reviews, and reviews on newegg are mixed. This card mainly interests me because of its supposed ability to capture over a component video input. I've been trying for about 2 years now to figure out a reliable way to capture HD from my cable provider through my motorola 6412 STB to a windows HTPC (I'm aware of the fact that I can use firewire, however it appears that 5c is enable for the channels that I actually care about [Discovery HD, ESPN HD, movie channels, etc]). By the way, I'm now using Vista MCE.

Up until I noticed this card, I was unaware of anything cheaper than the thousand dollar range for encoding from a component source. Any opinions as to whether or not this might actually work in Vista MCE? Essentially, I'm not sure how this card will handle encoding a 1080i/720p feed and, of course, I'm skeptical as to whether or not it will even be able to capture video from a source that is usually encrypted (like a movie channel). I know that component is an analogue feed though (and hence, there's no digital encryption possible), so I'm optimistic that this might actually work.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Spec. Quote: "Video Standards - NTSC, PAL and Secam"

NTSC=480i only

·
Registered
121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazwr01 /forum/post/0

Hi All,

... I've been trying for about 2 years now to figure out a reliable way to capture HD from my cable provider through my motorola 6412 STB to a windows HTPC (I'm aware of the fact that I can use firewire, however it appears that 5c is enable for the channels that I actually care about [Discovery HD, ESPN HD, movie channels, etc]). By the way, I'm now using Vista MCE.

Any thoughts?

Intensity Pro may be a better choice.

USG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.