Registered
830 Posts
Do these do what we want them to do?

T.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi !

Yeeeeeesssssss these drivers includes the Gamma Fix.

Tested with Avia GrayScale.

But only use Update Drivers and NOT the included Setup or you will loose all ATI Tabs in Advanced Options!!!

cya

Ralf

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Lai
Do these do what we want them to do?

T.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by minaelromany
Do you mean that these drivers DO fix the broken Gamma with Radeon 8500???

Wow IF that is true I will get 8500 instead of 7500 !
Yes it is fixed.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Oh happy day, it's castor troy!

I think I am awaiting Wayne's reaction to this momentus occasion in HTPC'dom.

I wonder if it is possible to work out when this bug was first seen (I'm guessing Oct./Nov. 2001) and how long it's taken to get it fixed. It is a bit of a record is it not?

Now to download 21Mb...

T.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi all,

www.warp2search.com has posted the drivers splitted into various OS so download is much smaller eg 9x is now 4.1Mb.

Will need WinRar to extract the files.

PS Just looked again and it seems they have re-released it in zip fprmat.

Regards

·
Registered
139 Posts
I couldn't get them to install correctly on my 98se system. They kept eating my display properties tabs no matter how I installed them =\\

·
Registered
852 Posts
I had the same problem of disappearing advanced properties tabs when first uninstalled the previous drivers (71's on winxp) and installing the new ones. I fixed this by installing the 71 again and just installing the new drivers over the old ones without uninstalling and it worked fine, all tabs are now there under advanced properties.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I would like to see these scoped to know for sure that the gamma is fixed for the 8500.

Anyone running these drivers on XP with ADTV? Does your windowed overlay work in ADTV?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ramick
I would like to see these scoped to know for sure that the gamma is fixed for the 8500.
I wouldn't anticipate seeing scoped results on these drivers from our usual source until they are officially released. Cliff did scope the drivers that ATI asked him to evaluate, but I'de bet his non-disclosure agreement will keep him from commenting on these leaked drivers. Don't know that for sure, but his silence so far on this thread would lead me to believe that. (And, if he is keeping silent to honor the NDA, I applaud him!) Does anyone else have the ability run these tests?

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is ridiculous! How long have we been waiting for video overlay interlaced resolution support? I have had my HTPC for almost two years now!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
the lack of interlaced support is pretty lame considering that request was explicity conveyed to Mr Orr

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.