AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for suggestions for a learning remote for my mag 557.
Preferably one set up for recording and editing not channel changing.
One that makes editing easier as the remote included makes editing tedious. I love the 1tb recording but sure do miss my Pioneer DVR 220. It was so easy to add chapter marks while actually watching the show and then go into the title list and erase chapters. A better remote hopefully will make editing easier and less time consuming.

Thanks for your help.:serious:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Wajo for the help file but

I think it will be easier to replace the power board in my Pioneer DVR 220 and dub 6 hours of recordings at a time to a dvd, then play it in the 220 adding chapter marks as I watch the show, then using the editing capabilities, hit erase on each commercial chapter. After
re-dub the disk to the Mag until I have 8hrs to re-dub onto the finished DVD for storage. (for the shows I have already recorded, any new recordings, I'll just use the DVR220) I am so disappointed in the editing functions of this Mag and the setup of the remote. It reminds me of
the 70's when I was learning Basic Computer Programming: Start>go to>go to>then>go to> etc, >end.

Edit>Scene Delete>Start>rewind/pause>OK>arrow up>OK>Skip/Replay/pause>OK>arrow up> OK>. Repeat for each
2-5 min of a 60 minute show. So many hoops to jump through just to edit a show. Even using chapter marks, you still have to use Scene Delete to erase the section, go figure.

Even Title naming is like jumping through hoops. I will be getting a learning remote but at this point, don't know if I even want to keep this unit. Hopefully, If or When they decide to make another
unit they will hire advance programmers instead of the "Basic" programmers.

Oh well just venting, I do Appreciate your help Wajo. Many Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts