AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the Magnolia Hi-Fi at my local Best Buy today and saw a very nice leather swivel recliner. I thought it was very comfortable but they wanted $1299 for it! The salesman didn't know who made it so I'm hoping someone here may know. I'd like to think I can find them for a lot less.

Mike

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jj. They did have a recliner with a Chairworks tag on it, for about $750. It looked a lot like the one for $1299. But the 1299 was a lot more comfortable and you didn't have to pull a release to get up. On the Chairworks website I did see what appeared to be the $750 model. Maybe the other one is a discontinued model.

Mike

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mike--

I am involved with the Magnolia Home Theater project, but I'm not sure exactly which recliner you saw. The ones that I know we carry are either Berkline (more of a Best Buy item than a Magnolia item), Salamander, and Chairworks. Neither the Salamander or the Berklines swivel, however. To my knowledge, there isn't another brand of recliner that would be shown (for sale) in the Magnolia HT space.

jj

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jj,

Thanks. Based on your information it was very likely a Chairworks. Both models had the large round swivel base -almost a pedestal; the leather and general look was very similar. But the more expensive one was the way to go. Since I'll need 2 or 3 the $1299 is going to be more than I'll spend. I expect I'll go back this weekend to see if I can learn anything new.

BTW - while I was there, I was in the previewing room with a young couple talking with a salesman. He obviously knew HT and was giving them good information. Felt like I was listening to someone who's been around this forum for awhile! Told them I took the plunge about a year ago and would never go back. I think they ended up with an Infocus 4805 and electric Firehawk.

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeffthx,

Room looks great, where did you pick out the carpet, I am in the market for something like that, only in purple and gold :)... I painted my walls dark purple to match some custom speaker grill fabric I ordered. That color really absorbs the light from the PJ. I also noticed you put in columns, is that for looks only or do you think you needed them for accoustic reasons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.