AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a couple different things on the web about leaving the projector on if you plan on using it within 3 hours. What is recommended for turning it off.

I have a roommate that watches a bit of TV before I get done reading in the evenings. It is usually around 1-2 hours before I am ready to warm things up to watch a movie. What do people suggest for less wear and tear on my proj and bulb.

Thank you,

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I don't know where you read that, but if you're worried about the heat/cool strain cycle of turning the lamp on and off, I would leave the projector running only if you were going to use it again right away (e.g., less than 20-30 minutes). I certainly wouldn't leave my projector on with no one watching it for an average of 1-1/2 hours a night. If I did that every weekday evening, over the course of a year I'd waste almost 400 hours of bulb life, and that seems to me like robbing Peter (overall bulb life) to pay Paul (lessened heat/cool cycling).

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Styk33, there was a thread a while back that addressed this question. Here is the link Hope this helps. :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.