Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toshiba 35" 5+ year old monitor.

For weeks I have been going around the house measuring, obsessing and rearranging furniture to choose and make room for a new hd rptv. I was going to sell my Toshiba tube set for $500 including stand and a neighbor was coming by later today to ckeck it out.

While switching inputs this morning, the tv died (on purpose?). The red light comes on but just a soft pop each time inside the cabinet. This could be as simple as a chip on the audio board going bad and shuting down the tube (this happened when it was three months old) or something major.

The local tech wants $95 just to show up at my door. This would be refunded if work was authorized. Hopefully the neighbor will agree to take the set and have all repair costs taken off the selling price.

So who says that your tv can't hear what you are saying. I quickly went around to all of my other "things", including the truck I was going to sell soon, and told them all that they were here to stay. I sure don't want something else to self destruct thinking it was going out the door.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Happens all the time. I suggest telling the TV that it will be going to a new home, where it will be loved and cherished as the newest member of the family...unless, of course, it continues this recalcitrant behavior, in which case it will have its rear panel ripped off; a stranger will poke his hands inside, and it may find itself dumped unceremoniously in the trash bin.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The same thing happen to me a while ago. I swear it heard me. But it had the last laugh as I didn't have the money yet to buy a new one and I had to wait with NO TV. Damn moody electronics.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew that I was not alone dealing with machines.

The good news is that I have sold the set for $500. The bad news is that I still do not know how much of that will be eaten away by the repair.

My new Sony 57hw40 will be here in two weeks. The set will be repaired in about the same time and then delivered to the new owner. Thank goodnesss for my back up fron t projector but it is a little overkill watching the Today Show with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.