AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happened: after pulling down 75% and 93% signal strength on B and C satellites this winter the distant trees filled in and I'm down to 0% and 50%. Luckily, DTV granted me a six month suspension with the ability to subsequently fulfill my commmitment. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fredfromny
It happened: after pulling down 75% and 93% signal strength on B and C satellites this winter the distant trees filled in and I'm down to 0% and 50%. Luckily, DTV granted me a six month suspension with the ability to subsequently fulfill my commmitment. Has this happened to anyone else?
Same thing happened to me. Trees filled in, now no sat b or c.

Chucko

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If the trees aren't on your property and you can't trim or cut them, move the dish or mount it on a higher pole to get above the tree line. You could also try a larger dish. I think Channelmaster now makes a 30+" 3 LNB dish that may boost your signal strength. How much? I don't know.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am having a similar problem with Sat A coming & going as the wind blows, so I suspect nearby trees. Sat B remains rock solid.

Does anyone know (for Northern hemisphere around San Francisco) the orientation of Sat A with respect to B? That would let me know which branches I need to prune!

Regards,

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.