AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I listen to DirecTV music, I like to leave the plasma ON: it is usually a blank screen except for menu that pops up as a new song is played for about 10 seconds- it may be on for several hours this way

is this OK? any burn in issues? I assume not but wanted to check

Mark:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the same question, but need to resolve a DirecTV issue first. I have a new sony TIVO receiver and when the music channels play, the box with song info stays on the whole time. So I have to turn off the screen. However, on my other setup, with an old RCA receiver, the box goes off and the cartoons (tracks, notes, etc) play. Is that something I can change to on the Sony, or is that a built-in difference between manufacturers?

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed the same thing:

Sony HD-100 screen times out- goes dark

Zenith DTV-1080 grey bar title screen stays on

I don't think you can select that to go off

so I would only consider doing that with a STB where the screen times out to dark

Mark

·
Registered
823 Posts
Quote:
with an old RCA receiver, the box goes off and the cartoons (tracks, notes, etc) play. Is that something I can change to on the Sony, or is that a built-in difference between manufacturers?
You can't change this. The "cartoons" require a WINK-enabled receiver, and neither DirecTiVos or the Zenith are.

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see Wink in the features menu(with a no by it) in the Zenith

never saw that before- what does that do?

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.