AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm done. The thought of paying another $80 or whatever just so I can keep getting the channels I already have -- is ludicrous-- especially when brand new customers get new boxes that have the 8PSK or whatever it is already installed.

DishNet-- if you want to keep us "old" customers, you can't make us pay for the same stuff you're giving out for free to newbies.

I'm also sick of the ridiculous amounts of compression on ESPN and the equal amount of audio compression on the dozens of music channels I never listen to anyway.

So, enough ranting.

ComCast HD has come to my neighborhood in Denver. I think that's the way I'll go. I have two questions:

1) What's the best deal I can get from them? I already have their internet service.

2) are there other services I should consider? (voom/DirecTV/OTA, etc)

3) What should I do with my old dishnet equipment?

TIA... also you can reach me directly at [email protected] .

--Bill

·
Registered
570 Posts
As soon as Cox gets HD cable in my area, I am going to dump DN. You can sell the HD6000 on ebay for a pretty good price. Shipping the dishes would keep me from selling them on ebay.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would leave the dish up so you have the option of switching back, that's what I did.

If you have not previously taken advantage of the $400 deal from Comcast to switch I would do that. They will take $25 a month off of your bill for 16 months.

Another deal from Comcast is the HDTV kit that is sold in Best Buy. That will get you Digital Plus 2 months of HBO and Showtime for free (you still pay the analog rate during those 2 months), after the 2 months is up you get HBO and Showtime for $8 a month for a year if you continue to subscribe to Digital Cable. You also get 16 PPV coupons. The kit costs $79 and also includes a waiver on the $49 HDTV STB fee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.