AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Leawo Blu-ray copy? I have been using DVDFab for many years but since they have been banned from selling in the US it has been a pain to try to use. Recently many blurays wont load/copy. By the looks of Leawo's webpage it seems they may be from the same company as DVDfab. Trying to get around the ban by creating a new name?? I'm just trying to find a new Blu-ray copy software so I can add my collection to my HTPC. Need some advise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with Leawo Blu-ray copy? I have been using DVDFab for many years but since they have been banned from selling in the US it has been a pain to try to use. Recently many blurays wont load/copy. By the looks of Leawo's webpage it seems they may be from the same company as DVDfab. Trying to get around the ban by creating a new name?? I'm just trying to find a new Blu-ray copy software so I can add my collection to my HTPC. Need some advise.

Thanks!
I have been using their Bluray player on OSX and Win7 and like it. I have their BD copy/MKV copy apps but havent used them yet.
If you are just looking for a copy then just use AnyDVD-you cannot beat it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been using their Bluray player on OSX and Win7 and like it. I have their BD copy/MKV copy apps but havent used them yet.
If you are just looking for a copy then just use AnyDVD-you cannot beat it.
OK I'll have to give AnyDVD a shot. I've tried MakeMKV and still use it at times. But it seems to be 50/50 if will actually work right. What do you like about AnyDVD?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
OK I'll have to give AnyDVD a shot. I've tried MakeMKV and still use it at times. But it seems to be 50/50 if will actually work right. What do you like about AnyDVD?
I would suggest there is something wrong with your set-up - been using MakeMKV for more years than I care to remember and could probably count on the one hand the number of failures I've had as a result of the software - user error, now that's a different story. Possibly one of the most stable pieces of software I use.

Also I don't think (though not 100% sure) that AnyDVD can't rip to movie only, only full disc rip. Therefore if you want to strip out the extras leaving only the main movie, you'll need to consider other software alternatives after the rip (Make MKV, or perhaps ClownBD, or similar)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would suggest there is something wrong with your set-up - been using MakeMKV for more years than I care to remember and could probably count on the one hand the number of failures I've had as a result of the software - user error, now that's a different story. Possibly one of the most stable pieces of software I use.

Also I don't think (though not 100% sure) that AnyDVD can't rip to movie only, only full disc rip. Therefore if you want to strip out the extras leaving only the main movie, you'll need to consider other software alternatives after the rip (Make MKV, or perhaps ClownBD, or similar)

I guess I haven't really given MakeMKV a fare chance have only tried it 4 or 5 times and its usually if my DVDFab wasn't able to copy it correcty. Usually from a newer disc encryption. Just tried MakeMKV with John Wick and it wasn't able to decrypt it. I ended up using Passkey by DVDFab and then was able to copy with MakeMKV. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
23,131 Posts
This is why I'm glad I have AnyDVD. I never have this issue, AnyDVD is always up to date, and always works. And then I can use MakeMKV, Clown_BD or whatever I want. I just wish there was a way to turn off the AnyDVD warning in MakeMKV.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Just tried MakeMKV with John Wick and it wasn't able to decrypt it.
I just ripped John Wick with makemkv and it ripped fine, at least once you knew which title to choose out of the hundreds they tried to confuse everyone with. The upside is I learned an excellent new way to find out which title is the correct one that will be very handy in the future:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just ripped John Wick with makemkv and it ripped fine, at least once you knew which title to choose out of the hundreds they tried to confuse everyone with. The upside is I learned an excellent new way to find out which title is the correct one that will be very handy in the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhBmIbReao
Thanks for the video, that will be helpful in the future when more disc's got hat route. Were you using a US version of John Wick? I had the latest MakeMKV installed and when I loaded up the disk it went through loading it and in the information on the bottom it said something similar to "Unable to Decrypt disc". It might of also had something to do with the way I was loading it. I couldn't copy it when I had the movie so I just copied the disc to my PC with the encryption. Then I had to create a miniso and mount it with a virtual drive to open it with MakeMKV. Maybe that was it. But yea the 100's of titles were frustrating. I found a common one people had success with on the MakeMKV forum and just chose that. I haven't had time to watch it yet to verify if it is the correct one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.