AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have Cox cable.  I am getting a Samsung 55FH6003.

I read somewhere that the type of cable used to connect the television to the cable box or to the wall can impact motion quality.

Component cable is best.

Is this true?

All of this is esoteric to me.  Can I use component cable on my television?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorge  /t/1516949/led-can-cable-type-effect-motion-quality#post_24334887

I highly doubt that is right just go with a cheap but decently made HDMI cable like everyone else.

This is my first HDTV.  Is it worth making any investment in an HDMI cable?

Will the difference between an HDMI cable and coaxial be noticeable with picture quality?

What would be a number to put on it?  10% better, 20%?

My biggest issue is motion quality.  Will it have any effect on that?

I would rather not even waste $10 if I don't have to.  Will the television come with one?

·
Banned
10,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue17  /t/1516949/led-can-cable-type-effect-motion-quality/0_60#post_24335405

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorge  /t/1516949/led-can-cable-type-effect-motion-quality#post_24334887

I highly doubt that is right just go with a cheap but decently made HDMI cable like everyone else.

This is my first HDTV.  Is it worth making any investment in an HDMI cable?

Will the difference between an HDMI cable and coaxial be noticeable with picture quality?

What would be a number to put on it?  10% better, 20%?

My biggest issue is motion quality.  Will it have any effect on that?

I would rather not even waste $10 if I don't have to.  Will the television come with one?

Go with HDMI.  Not going to go into the technical reasons why....it'll honestly take too long.  Just use a competent cable from Monoprice, don't pay more than $15, and get on with your life.  :)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
You should make the GIGANTIC investment of $5-15 in an HDMI cable. Yes.

You will never regret this investment.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have an HDMI cable hooked up, Great picture. I also have an S-Video, and Composite cables hooked up for recording on two Dvd Recorders. I still use a Coaxial cable though. After years of pulling cables and hooking them up again, many different brands, I never found any real difference between what the cable co hooked up and what I bought myself. I wouldn't buy anything with weak ends, but I wouldn't spend a fortune either.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
On one of my satellite receivers i need to connect the HDMI cable as well as the scart cable to get proper HDMI picture. When only HDMI cable is connected picture is not optimal..

·
Registered
299 Posts
Gotcha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts