AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, quick newb question for you. And, before I begin... I "did" try to search this topic, but apparently the search function isn't working at the moment?

My lovely wife just bought me a Samsung 55" LED tv....she spoils me. What do you well informed individuals suggest I use to clean the screen as far as liquid and cloth? I've read that the blue cloth that came with the tv has a tendency to scratch the screen a little.....obviously don't want that.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
you can get bottles of lcd cleaner from an electronics store. the most important thing to do to avoid scratches is to get the dust off the screen before you wipe it off. the best way to do that is to use a can of compressed air to blow the dust off, then wipe it with the cloth.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonHouse /forum/post/18133611

Hey all, quick newb question for you. And, before I begin... I "did" try to search this topic, but apparently the search function isn't working at the moment?

My lovely wife just bought me a Samsung 55" LED tv....she spoils me. What do you well informed individuals suggest I use to clean the screen as far as liquid and cloth? I've read that the blue cloth that came with the tv has a tendency to scratch the screen a little.....obviously don't want that.

Hold on to that one.

Use a microfiber cloth and distilled water (or a very clean water). All Samsung TV's I've purchased came with a microfiber cloth so look around in the box/plastic bags.

I personally just use tap water as my water seems to be clean enough that it doesn't scratch.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:

Both of my Samsungs came with a microfiber cloth and specific instructions on how to clean them using only water.

By the way, you clean the LCD screen which is illuminated from the back or the sides by LEDs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/18135256

Both of my Samsungs came with a microfiber cloth and specific instructions on how to clean them using only water.

By the way, you clean the LCD screen which is illuminated from the back or the sides by LEDs.

I'm aware it's only LED back lighting. Guess my title was a bit off. lol As far as using only water.... the package that the little blue cloth came in directed to use only water, but that was for the frame around the screen and not the screen itself. I contacted Samsung and they're telling me to use cleanscreen or something like that....

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
it shouldnt hurt to use the bottled lcd cleaner you get from an electronics store, if that's what samsung recommends.

in all honesty, as long as you are not putting your fingers on the screen, there should be no reason to clean it off. CRT's with the glass front attracted dust, due to the static electricity they created. lcd's dont really attract dust at all. i have never used any liquid to clean my 1.5 year old lcd. i do use the cloth it came with to dust the bezel and the top once a week or so. but for the screen i really just use a can of compressed air and glently blow the dust off once a month or so.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I thought you wanted to clean the LED's.... INSIDE the TV...

You see what samsung created when their marketing machine decided to misled consumers in believing that their TV’s are LED TV’s…. that they had something special…. “an LED TV”

Boky

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 /forum/post/18188039

How do i clean the microfiber?Washing-machine?

I do mine on there own with no fabric softner and an extra rinse. Lay flat to dry.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

Quote:

Make your own. Its a combination of 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and distilled water mix.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky /forum/post/18187993

I thought you wanted to clean the LED's.... INSIDE the TV...

You see what samsung created when their marketing machine decided to misled consumers in believing that their TV's are LED TV's. that they had something special. an LED TV

Boky

It was more of a typo than anything. I know it's just an LCD tv. Don't let your panties wad up. lol Should I edit my post title to keep people from fainting? lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
This has been an ongoing debate since they started putting acrylic screens on the front of CRT projection units. The acrylic is virtually indestructible. The problem is with the anti-glare coating applied. It’s very much the same as what is used on eyeglasses. Once this coating is compromised you have 2 choices: Live with the annoying spot or continue rubbing the surface until you remove all of the coating.

The best advice is to clean the surface as little as possible. Avoid harsh chemicals. The products on the market specifically made to clean these screens is the same as the stuff they sell for eyeglasses. Micro cloths are good but an old T-shirt works just as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky /forum/post/18208697

Faint? you made me laugh you actually bought samsung because you DID think it was an LED TV... lol

Samsung makes best LED TV's good choice... enjoy (this one was on me) LOL!

Boky

I'm not sure I understand your comments completely. Either way, I bought the Samsung LED LCD because I thought it was nice. Not because it was better or worse than any other model/brand. And I went into it fully knowing it is only and LCD, but feel free to make assumptions if you like.
I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky /forum/post/18208697

samsung makes best LED's good choice... enjoy

Boky

I have just returned from a convention in Reno, NV where most of the main manufacturers got to show off their LED backlit televisions. The Sony televisions won hands down. Anyone who was there please chime in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.