AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So late last year I replaced my 9 year old SD tube television with a 120hz Samsung LED-LCD. There's one odd behavior that bothers me slightly. It only seems to happen in video games. Take for example Assassins Creed 2 on the Xbox 360, or any game where there's a character you're directly controlling in the center of the screen. When there's a lot of movement in the background like when rotating the camera around the character, the colors directly around the character become garbled and muddy. It looks like the character has an aura of muddy colors around it. I never see this sort of behavior on my computer monitor but this new television seems to do it. I'm really new to having an LED-LCD high(er) hertz television, can someone explain to me why this is happening? Does it have to do with the 120hz feature? And is there a way to fix it?

·
Banned
407 Posts
That's probably smearing your experiencing. It's quite common with LCD's, but Samsung seems to have very apparent dark smearing. (I too noticed a lot of smearing with my video games that contained a lot of dark colors - like Nazi Zombies for instance!)

120hz wouldn't do anything. It's a problem inherited by the actual display (LCD screen).

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
it could be caused by 120hz

try shutting AMP off as its actually hurting your performance in games anyways by delaying the image on the screen.

also try turning on game mode as it will disable other video processing that could cause problems in games

if those 2 things do not fix it its either the game (unless other games do it) or visible pixel smear as nosepass2 said already

1 - 3 of 3 Posts