AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Not sure I have ever seen that at the Movie Theater.. If you have an OVERLY bright projector and a Very small screen bias lighting can help reduce eye strain but is hard to do without any light hitting the screen.
The idea of bias lighting is to keep the pupils closed during dark scenes so they don't keep going from full aperture to closed over and over.. this is where the putting light behind a TV came from.. With FP it also helps increase precised black levels as you eye does not open as far during dark scenes

·
Registered
920 Posts
Have been in two different homes with edge free screens with LED edge lighting. (One was a Black Diamond, the other one was a DNP Blade.) Both times I had to ask to have the lights turned off. I found the edge lighting way too distracting. The guy with the DNP Blade had a wife who begged me to tear the lights down and take them away. Guess she didn't like the lights either.

·
Registered
19,107 Posts
Have been in two different homes with edge free screens with LED edge lighting. (One was a Black Diamond, the other one was a DNP Blade.) Both times I had to ask to have the lights turned off. I found the edge lighting way too distracting. The guy with the DNP Blade had a wife who begged me to tear the lights down and take them away. Guess she didn't like the lights either.

When you spend a lot of time and effort making a nice dark theater like set up for watching movies, adding lights around the screen seems wrong. I don't even want to see LED's on my equipment - which is why the gear is behind me in an equipment rack!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts