AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Philips 69143/60/48 LivingColors Generation 2 Translucent Changing LED Lamp with Remote

I don't know if these have been covered here before but I am going to order one for my new set. It is a dimmable color changeable light from Phillips operated with a remote. Check out this youtube video and see how it does an awesome job of lighting on high and backlighting in colors hen dimmed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxX8A...eature=related

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Larry!

I actually read the thread and saw some great ambient/back lighting on the "show pics of your system" threads.

Since it is a given as a good thing to have back lighting, I was posting about that particular product, which on Amazon is right between 100 and 200 bucks. But with some of the setups and costs for the sets and audio video gear might be worth it/great for some.

In all the pics posted here and gear write ups, I hadn't seen any mention of using that remote controlled light using LCDs, creating millions of colors, and dimming down as low as needed when watching the set, or up for actual lighting and relatively small to boot.

I'm new here, but finding a lot of great info here. Thought I'd contribute something.

I will be trying one out for mine whenever I decide this Monday morning on which to order. It is down to three sets, two plasmas and one LED/LCD. I might put each one on a dart board and throw a dart until I hit one!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
My point is that to get the most out of backlighting, you need to meet specific requirements. GeorgeAB (G. Alan Brown) is considered the expert in this field. Ask him about the Philips system. I think I that I know what his response will be.

Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts