At a press event in San Francisco today, Chinese giant LeEco announced a whole slew of consumer products for the US market, including four TVs. As you may recall, LeEco is in the process of acquiring Vizio as announced last July; see our story about it here . But the TVs introduced today will carry the LeEco nameplate, and they promise to be quite disruptive.

Of most interest to AVS Forum members is the uMax85, an 85" FALD (full-array local-dimming) LED-LCD TV with 448 local-dimming zones. Of course, it provides 4K/UHD resolution, and it's capable of displaying HDR using HDR10 and Dolby Vision. A quad-core CPU and GPU support the TV's Android TV platform with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal SSD storage for super-quick load times. Other features include a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a Harman Kardon sound system with tuned dual-passive speaker enclosures (whatever that means). And given LeEco's emphasis on content ecosystems, the uMax85's "smart TV" functionality offers many streaming apps as well as something called Ecosystem User Interface (EUI) aggregation, voice search, and Google Cast.

Perhaps most amazing is the price: $5000 for an 85" 4K/UHD, FALD LED-LCD TV with HDR10 and Dolby Vision! Even better, the company is offering $1000 off the list price starting November 2, 2016, through the LeRewards program on its LeMall online store; for more details, click here . I can't tell how long this so-called Flash Sale will last; looking at the site, it might be only one day, but I don't know for sure.

Also announced at the press event were three TVs in the LeEco Super4 X Series. With screen sizes of 43, 55, and 65 inches, all three use LED edgelighting with a 60 Hz refresh rate and are specified to be HDR-capable, though no formats are identified—I would guess they implement HDR10 but not Dolby Vision. They also provide the same CPU/GPU (with somewhat less memory and storage), audio system (except the X43, which has no HK speakers), and Android-based smart-TV features as the uMax85.

LeEco's Super4 X Series

And the prices? $650 for the X43, $900 for the X55, and $1400 for the X65. In addition, you can save $200 on any of them during LeEco's Flash Sale.

Of course, I wouldn't drop that kind of money—even as inexpensive as these TVs are compared with others of similar capabilities—without seeing them for myself, or at least reading the observations from other trusted sources. But at these prices, they could seriously disrupt the TV marketplace.