AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a (new) Leeza that I'm hoping to use with my ceiling mounted G15U and a 16:9 screen. My problem is that I can't find any settings that will work properly with this configuration.

If I set the output to 1365x768, I have a second "frame" of the movie in split-screen below the bottom of my screen (i.e. using the top 256 pixels of the panel which "live" there). If I set the output to 1365x1024, however, I can't get correct aspect ratios.

Am I missing something? Screwed?

Thanks.

Marc

p.s. This works properly on a Rock+ using the 1365x768 (BOTTOM) mode.

p.p.s. Sorry, but I cross-posted this on the Processors forum, since both seemed appropriate for this question.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
Ok, Marc I have the same setup so here goes.

Assuming you do not have a panny or isco lens, this is what you do.

The G15 is set to sxga3

1 The Leeza resolution is set to 1365x1024

2 . You tell the Leeza that your screen size is 1.33. It doesnt matter what screen format you are using, 16x9 or 4x3

If you are using an anamorphic lens, then you change the screen size to 1.78

Hope this helps. By the way, didnt you have a Rock. If so what happened to it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Humey. Do you have a B-stock or A-stock Leeza, btw, because Don @ KD says there's a known problem with B-stocks and JVC's...?

- Marc

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I suppose I have a A stock as I bought it new when it first came out. Why would their be a difference between A & B stock?

What are the known problems with B stock?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Danny - I don't know; the response from KD was peculiar (random problems with some G15's). I'm sending the unit back so they can check it out. Thanks for the aspect ratio info; I'm sure that's all I was missing.

- Marc

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yo M,

what happened to the Rock? I am still using mine with no probs with the G11. In fact, it looks better than ever.

Did Eric scare you off?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sold the Rock+, because I wanted to upgrade to SDI for less than the $1200 now quoted by TAW. There are other reasons as well, but they aren't worth going into at this point.

I also liked the idea of getting the transcoding, switching, and audio handling capabilities of the Leeza. I've actually figured out how to use the Leeza at this point, although the unit died shortly after installing it (probably a shipping mishap).

I sold the Rock+ for $2,750 and got the B-Stock Leeza + RP-56 for not much more than that.

- m

p.s. I will probably consider another scaler change after the next round of new products comes out (i.e. after CEDIA).

·
Registered
360 Posts
mBlank: you said you set the digital leeza at 1365x768 -- I didn't see that as a output resolution on the KD's website... did you get that as a custom resolution??

btw, I see your from bend OR.. I grew up and graduated high school in redmond :D small world

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cclear: My resolution was 1365x768 +/- a few (I don't have it in front of me). And it is a small world! (I'm originally from NYC area)

- m

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.