AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Thanks Eric

Any chance of seeing pics of gladiator, wall street, so we can compare w/NR?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I guess since Mark Rejhon is the Lead Software Engineer for the Leeza, then that's the reason that the menus look virtually indentical to the Rock's menu system, albeit they are a different color and have the Key Digital name on them. In any event, I am happy to hear that Eric is enjoying the Leeza. I knew when he finally started using a scaler over the NR that he would appreciate the variable refresh rate. I just love the 72hz setting on my Rock Plus as well.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Eric:

What's with the curved images on the Leeza menu at top & bottom. Camera issues?

Or maybe it's the fact that I'm posting from Vegas, and I spent the night looking at the curved image of the other end of the craps table. Not to mention the cocktail waitresses at the Venetian.

Nick :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Nicholas,

Are you sure you didn't leave a magnet next to your PC monitor?

It looks perfectly straight to me :D

Looks like the lens are deforming it (making it look like wide angle lens). I guess Eric's screen is VERY wide and it's a problem getting it absolutely straight with a standard digital camera.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Eric

Mike and I want to visit you at home today to install new software and give you new remote. Please call Mike asap 718-601-2699 to confirm time, address.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by michaellucky
Eric

Mike and I want to visit you at home today to install new software and give you new remote. Please call Mike asap 718-601-2699 to confirm time, address.

Thanks
Wow, that's service!!!!

I guess then I can expect Yves Faroudja to come over with the next firmware for my NR scaler.....not!!

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by michaellucky
Eric

Thanks
Uh, oh, Eric. Hide the evidence.

Eric really has a 13" GE black and white set, with a pair of rabbit ears.

Nick :cool:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Does the Leeza know the 1280x768 of the Pio needs to be spread over a 16:9 screen - and it has to do a non-uniform scaling - or is it assuming the pixels are square?

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
For most scalers including ROCK and LEEZA's, the pixel shape is independent of the image aspect ratio. Most scalers scales based on the screen aspect ratio, not based on pixel aspect ratio. So the whole 16:9 screen is used.

It is typically the displays' responsibility (configuration) to properly fill the whole screen, not the scalers' responsibility. The digital displays' Phase/Tracking/Sizing controls can allow you to do that, plus also the scaler's horizontal/vertical image size/position controls (sync interval adjustments). These features allow you to properly get the native scan rate on the display.

There are some exceptions: There are some displays (Sony VPL-W10HT) that do not properly fill the whole 16:9 display through its RGB input and has inability to do native scanrate at 1366x768. -- As you can see, it is the displays' responsibility to be able to properly fill the whole screen.

One can then use the scalers' aspect ratio control for any image sizes smaller than the screen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.