AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that we have some real Pro's out there that are far more capable than I when it comes to understanding how the scaler is interacting with the plasma display. Hopefully you guys can help.

I have a Pio 503CMX and a Leeza.

1) What do the vertical position (23) size (12) and horizontal position (25) and size (16) settings in the scan rate settings of the Leeza govern (I have not changed the factory settings from Key Digital as yet)? They are shown next to each parameter.

2) When I am using aspect ratio 1.85:1 for an input (like DVD), I get 3/8" on the left side of the screen that is not covered. Reading some other posts on the topic, I guess one opinion offered might be that the device is sensing 1024X768 as opposed to 1280X768. I set overscan to 4 and that seemed to get the picture to cover that last 3/8". Was that the right cure for the problem or should I be trying something else and is the "something else" within the realm of size and position? I would hate to gum up the works for that last 3/8" unless I have erred in using overscan to solve the problem. Also, maybe there are other benefits to tackling the size and position issues that I am not aware off.

Thanks,

jnug

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.