AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Darian,

I was told that the first shipment of units is shipping this week (i.e., by today).

Does anyone know someone that has ordered one?

Hopefully, if there's anyone on the boards with a preordered unit, they will start posting information in a week or 2 (i.e., after testing).

I'm dying to get a decent review!

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
BenjaminWoo,

As far as I understand, the LEEZA was only hooked up to these particular units for testing purposes. They were testing many other projectors and devices. The sampo was singled out because it was one of the 2 plasmas that were available at that time with a DVI input.

For most of the show, the LEEZA was hooked up to a Fujitsu plasma (I think it was the upcoming 4242, but this was not confirmed by any visitors to the show). The picture was reportedly fantastic, since it was FINALLY a fully digital path.

They had a modified SDI player hooked up to the LEEZA and DVI out to the plasma!

Regarding dates, the LEEZA is reportedly on schedule. They only allowed a few tens of preordered high units (not sure how many of these are the higher end DVI capable units). These units go out some of the people who ordered early. Some of the other units were reserved for resellers and reviewers. The rest go ahead before the end of the year.

That's what I'm hearing.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went by My Key Digital distributor to pick up a transcoder on Friday afternoon. For some reason or another they had to call Key to check on something.

They talked to Key and asked about the Leeza and asked about arrivals. "Really... well that could be Friday..."

The line they got from Key was that they would be receiveing units this comming week. What day... well that was the part where they said, "Friday is still next week." There are currently 50 units that were supposed to be the early units. They all include DVI output and are supposed to fill the preorders.

The Transcoder is not working so I will be back there Monday to see whats what. Maybe I can get a little more info on Lezza.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered a LEEZA last month and was told it would be shipped on the 15th. I have contacted them many times since then with various questions and they have been very helpful. I was told on the 17th that they were running more tests and had moved the ship date to the 23rd.

After I have spent some time with LEEZA I will post my results. My Video system consists of an old Pana. DVD-A110, Directv, Runco DTV-930, and a 92" wide screen. The LEEZA is replacing a Dwin Transcanner. I ordered mine without DVI output.

Key Digital will also be upgrading Panasonic RP-56 to SDI output by the end of the year.

Eagerly anticipating!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I wanted to apologies to everyone, on the delay. If you want to contact me of line with proof of purchase (before today's date), I will get you a nice bonus at our manufacturing costs. Modified Panasonic DVD rp 56 or rp 91K. If you dont need DVD player, than instead I will throw in FREE KD-SW2x1 (component switcher).

Thank you everyone for your patience!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Darian
I went by My Key Digital distributor to pick up a transcoder on Friday afternoon. For some reason or another they had to call Key to check on something.

They talked to Key and asked about the Leeza and asked about arrivals. "Really... well that could be Friday..."

The line they got from Key was that they would be receiveing units this comming week. What day... well that was the part where they said, "Friday is still next week." There are currently 50 units that were supposed to be the early units. They all include DVI output and are supposed to fill the preorders.

The Transcoder is not working so I will be back there Monday to see whats what. Maybe I can get a little more info on Lezza.
Hello Darian

Please let me know off line which distributor you are dealing with? Also which transcoder did you buy vga to component or component to vga?

Its a little tricky to set up initially, because of dip switches. Also, a lot of people think that its actually a scaler, that it will take 480i and convert it to 480p, 720p, 1080i and it will not do that. The unit just converts automatically VGA to Component or vise versa in the same resolution as it came in at. I would recommend that you call our tech support toll free 866-780-5069 before returning the unit.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Thank you

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike,

We figured out what was going on with the transcoder yesterday.

I will be installing it on Saturday. "If it works with one nec..."

On the subject of the Leeza. I would love the chance to see one.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Just went to that link and my stomach sank. That Leeza bears a little bit too much of a resemblance to the Rock. My fear has always been that these 2 companies, while known to work together, were "more than friends", so to speak. These 2 units have the identical exterior, and identical clearmatrix algorithym. I really hope that is all that remains identical and that the leeza is not a rock in "key's" clothing.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
eric:

it does have the taugh remote (a second party device); no question though that the i/o is completely different.

what do you think the audio connections are for? just input selection or can any video delay be compensated for?

any Leeza reps reading this?

interesting that the product is repped out of the bronx; so close to us.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
It does audio as well as video switching. I will not be using the audio switching section of the Leeza. It was designed for a more industrial use as opposed to HT use, where we use preamp processors to do the switching for us.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Eric, it's really been no secret that the Leeza is essentially the same as a Rock+ -- same chip, operating system, ClearMatrix, etc. What KD does somewhat differently, I think (but am not sure) are input/output cards, switching, etc., but the processing guts are the same.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.