AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught Legally Blonde on Showtime HD last night. Great picture quality with incredible colors and crystal clear picture. The DVD transfer was excellent, but the HD picture was magnitude better.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I watched it too - first viewing since the theaters. It looked great.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The movie and Reese looked awesome in HD!! Amazing what I will now watch just because it's in HD!! Later.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
great pq. and this was one of my shockers. i expected this to be terrible and it was really good. (not just because of the bunny outfit) :)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Anyone else get an annoying audio delay on Showtime HD frequently? Not always- but defintely had problems last night.

Also, as far as I could tell, it was NOT OAR as advertised. At least on my end I saw 1.85:1. OAR for this movie is 2:35:1.

As far as pic quality, it was very nice. Actually I thought it was on par with the better offerings on HBO-HD.

Andrew B.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Wow, it is 2.35... I'm pretty surprised that they didn't show it in OAR... although it was filmed in Super35. I believe the DVD was released in a single disk with both 2.35 and 4:3 transfers.

Anyway, since it was Super35, nothing really was wrong with it being 16:9, I certainly didn't notice. Good movie, I thought the PQ was good, but I still thought it was soft. I've seen much better HD on HBO.

http://us.imdb.com/Technical?0250494
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...llyblonde.html

·
Registered
33,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew_Ballew
Anyone else get an annoying audio delay on Showtime HD frequently? Not always- but defintely had problems last night.

BOY IS THAT THE TRUTH ANDREW!! I'm always surprised that more people don't comment on this incredibly annoying delay which seems to be more common than not on Showtime HD. When you switch to SD Showtime, there's no problem, but go back to HD and bam, there's the delay. I've seen the problem with 2 different audio receivers, 3 different HD sat receivers and 3 different HDTVs. I know it's not my equipment. It's rarely seen on any other channel. I have no idea what Showtime does with this.

·
Registered
19,351 Posts
Quote:
When Showtime does true HD, they do it right. Sharper picture than HBO, probably because of the zooming HBO does with their pan & process.
Ah come on, just because you're annoyed at HBO for their stupid cropping practices doesn't mean that some of the OAR stuff isn't excellent.

Yes, I agree, Legally Blonde was good- but some of what I've seen on HBO has been more impressive.

Over the last few weeks on HBO I've been blown away by-

Shrek (amazing)

AI

Behind Enemy Lines (open matte?)

A Knight's Tale (wow)

All that comes to mind right now.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by archiguy
When Showtime does true HD, they do it right. Sharper picture than HBO, probably because of the zooming HBO does with their pan & process.
This transfer is average. I have seen better on HBO and

Showtime. It has EE and is also somewhat grainy at times.

A good to very good in my books. There are very good to excellent transfers on both channels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.