AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Cane /forum/post/17019950

hm, that trailer sorta reminds me of The Prophecy with Walken and Stoltz. Think I've had my fill of Dennis Quaid's 'acting' though.

AND Resident Evil 3, Constantine, and WB's Supernatural.

Yeah, Quaid is getting kinda stale.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
yea, saw this Trailer a couple times.... Quaid is a bad pick for me. I used to really like him but now, since he has this look like he had a stroke in recent years... he just doesnt really appeal to me.

The lead, Paul Bettany doesnt really work for me either.

This will make a great "Movie Night" when it comes on BD.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I like Paul Bettany. I'll be seeing this one before it hits blu-ray

·
Registered
725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/17023512

Will definitley be looking into it when it hits BD.

Looking forward to this on blu myself!

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
I liked it a bit better than "Book of Eli". It would have made for a fairly good B-movie had it not started taking itself so seriously towards the end of the second act. The "Supernatural" TV series is better at this kind of story.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I enjoyed it for what it was, an action movie with angels.

The end was a bit original (ok I did not see it coming) but it was not a bad waste of my time.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
The storyline as I have read about it on IMDB is beyond ludicrous. I hope what I've read there is not accurate...

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Like others have said, this will be awesome on Blu for a movie night. I have absolutely no interest in going to see this in the theater though.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcloud /forum/post/18002335

Like others have said, this will be awesome on Blu for a movie night. I have absolutely no interest in going to see this in the theater though.

Agreed.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
The trailers haven't really made me want to see it at all. It looks like any one of a 1000 other similar movies.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Did a blind buy on this....what a frickin' mistake.

This one of those sneaky films that serve as a vehicle for the filmmaker's political views....

In this case...an anti-abortion message.

I have to give them credit....it is done very surreptitiously.

About half way thru the movie, it all becomes abundantly clear.

By deciding NOT to have an abortion, little Momma produces a Son who will save the world from the Dark Forces.

To assist her, a dumb as asphalt boy from Texas (who is pre-ordained to be child's ULTIMATE protector) develops a hard-on for her lovely, self-centered ways and means.

Just trust me here fellas: save your coin and go somewhere else.

This is pure crap.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/18636667

Did a blind buy on this....what a frickin' mistake.

This one of those sneaky films that serve as a vehicle for the filmmaker's political views....

In this case...an anti-abortion message.

I have to give them credit....it is done very surreptitiously.

About half way thru the movie, it all becomes abundantly clear.

By deciding NOT to have an abortion, little Momma produces a Son who will save the world from the Dark Forces.

To assist her, a dumb as asphalt boy from Texas (who is pre-ordained to be child's ULTIMATE protector) develops a hard-on for her lovely, self-centered ways and means.

Just trust me here fellas: save your coin and go somewhere else.

This is pure crap.

Don't think there was an anti-abortion message
. I mean, she was 8-months pregnant.

I can't recommend this movie to anyone either.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.