AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i've got a theater setup, i love it, it sounds amazing

but not everyone i deal with can do that, whether it be room, tv, or WAF

in looking for a legitimate MTM horizontal center to cram under my tv but on my entertainment center in my non-critical listening room, is the c-note seriously the only real contender here? overnight sensation MTM? is that really all we have to choose from? seems pretty meek

i get all the off axis response, people shoving them in cabinets, putting them on entertainment centers with horrid first reflection points. but we should at least have some options no?

sure turning a TM design sideways, but lots of them are like 9-10" wide. where is that 5-7" height, dual 5.25 front port design?

venting i suppose as i wish those fusion 4s were still around...

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
so, i've got a theater setup, i love it, it sounds amazing

but not everyone i deal with can do that, whether it be room, tv, or WAF

in looking for a legitimate MTM horizontal center to cram under my tv but on my entertainment center in my non-critical listening room, is the c-note seriously the only real contender here? overnight sensation MTM? is that really all we have to choose from? seems pretty meek

i get all the off axis response, people shoving them in cabinets, putting them on entertainment centers with horrid first reflection points. but we should at least have some options no?

sure turning a TM design sideways, but lots of them are like 9-10" wide. where is that 5-7" height, dual 5.25 front port design?

venting i suppose as i wish those fusion 4s were still around...
Didn't really want to quote the whole thing, but what exactly are you on about? If you are looking for a center channel speaker within specific dimensions then post the dimensions you have to work with (and any other relevant specs). And other things that may be pertinent - Expected output, sensitivity, rear/front ported, budget, where you are planning to place it, etc.

Devil's in the details, you've provided nothing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yes, thank you, quite a few kits i never knew existed. i suppose i always forget about madisound with how much diysg is discussed here

helix and apollo are sort of why i wrote this post. i plan to build a pair of helix's and wanted something simple, understated for a C as i dont really love the idea of a phantom center with my seating positions. i am find with dropping SURR entirely, but center is just so much harder (mainly for tv, occasional movie viewing)

Didn't really want to quote the whole thing, but what exactly are you on about? If you are looking for a center channel speaker within specific dimensions then post the dimensions you have to work with (and any other relevant specs). And other things that may be pertinent - Expected output, sensitivity, rear/front ported, budget, where you are planning to place it, etc.

Devil's in the details, you've provided nothing.

not looking for anyone to design a system for me or anything like that, just felt (and proven quite wrong) that it felt like there was a gap in the diy space for affordable and 'slimmer' sized MTMs that could fit in more constrained spaces

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
As was said, most any DIY MTM will work for what you want...and there are plenty of them. If your space is constrained, then your initial "argument" about the Cnote or Overnight Sensation is not justified as they are perfectly capable of fitting into smaller spaces and doing a decent job.

If you didn't know, there's even a better Overnight Sensation MMTMM for that specific purpose:

https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/updates/overnightsensationcenterchannelbipolewhatwhen

I would not consider the Helix or Apollo MTM a speaker that'd fit in a small space though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts