AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is any drawback to have extra length to subwoofer cable?
I am ordering a cable and I am looking at either 35ft or 50ft. If I measured right 35ft. should be enough with everything in its current position.
I was wondering about ordering the 50ft. in case I move stuff around later. Would the extra length have any adverse affect to the audio quality?

Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was wondering if there is any drawback to have extra length to subwoofer cable?
I am ordering a cable and I am looking at either 35ft or 50ft. If I measured right 35ft. should be enough with everything in its current position.
I was wondering about ordering the 50ft. in case I move stuff around later. Would the extra length have any adverse affect to the audio quality?

Thanks

For what it's worth, I have 4 sub woofers and 2 amps for 8 bass shakers all being split from a single subwoofer output on my receiver. That easily introduces more issues than a 50ft cable would, and I have no issues. I say go for the longer cable.

·
Registered
844 Posts

Thanks
Monoprice has some nice RG6 shielded mono RCA cables. I am using a 35ft cable + probably 25ft of in wall RG6 coax to carry my LFE signal with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts