AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I purchased the RCA DWD495RG (80 gig, 70 hour system) a few months ago I've noticed that searches (title, description, etc.) seem to take an inordinate amount of time.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do upgraded systems to 120 gig drives also have this problem? Are there any fixes?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I think my UTV lies to me,or it doesn't even try to find something I'm searching for. But it does come back telling me so pretty quickly.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've had some searches take 5-10 seconds, while others have taken up to 30 seconds. It really is rediculous. At first, I thought that the extra delay was due to recording of a show, but I have found no actual reason for the extra long searches -- sometimes the unit is recording two shows and can do a search in 5 seconds, other times, it isn't doing anything and takes 30 seconds. Mind you, these are all for simple "find show named xxx" searches without advanced options!

·
Registered
358 Posts
raldrich mentioned short searches... well, the only time I get short searches is after a power loss, when the guide basically hasn't filled up with 12 days of data...

My biggest gripe is the huge green box that says "searching for shows" covers up part of the pip window obstructing what's currently on.. whatever, that box could be 5 times smaller lol

riz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.