AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really any good reason to replace the lens cap back on the projector after each usage? I have the Sharp 9000 (ceiling mounted) and it results in my wanting to refocus everytime before use. What does everyone else do and why?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I put the lens cap back on my Sharp 9000 every time. I've marked a spot on the focus ring so after I've taken the lens cap off, I can return to the correct focus without having to "eye it up" again.

I've been told that not many projector owners use their lens cap, but I figure better safe than sorry -- less dust build up and protection from "accidents" since my projector hangs low from a 7 foot ceiling. (I've bumped my head on it a dozen times!)

·
Registered
554 Posts
;)

couldn't resist.......

that was always one of my favorite "Happy Days" lines......a nervous Richie photographing some beauty says....ok, ok...now i'll take some with the lens cap off.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, and the humor!, I actually asked this question because I was not using the lens cap until I went to vacuum out the air filter on the 9000 and noticed a spider had taken up residence in the lense hollow. Good news is the spider and his home did not produce a discernable degradation of picture quality! However, suffice it to say, the little spider squatter will not be watching anymore movies.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I've been putting mine on after every usage and it's a pain because of the re-focus issue described above. Until my basement get's finished, I'll keep replacing it. I've also put a Hepa filter in the theater. It makes the room feel so clean!

Hey.......I almost forgot. I've completed my theater tonite!!!!!well almost. I have 2 pieces of inside corner molding, three outlet covers and 4 theater seats to install. In addition, I'm waiting on my Berkline reclining couch and bar stools. Can I count it as done?

Bomber

·
Banned
3,477 Posts
I use my lens cap to cover my beer, which keeps it fresher, which implores me to drink more, which definately improves my picture:) :) :)

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.