AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a GB 800 that I want to set up table mounted. When I use the program, I get a warning that I have a negative correction value. What does this mean? If I want this warning to disappear, I must change the angle to 7deg. This way, the projectors rear end is raised. Can this hurt the projector? Thank's

Don

·
Registered
347 Posts
Don't worry about that negative thing. It means the image will be higher than the table where the projector is mounted. I have mine on a table too and it works fine. The base of the projector is a 24" and the bottom of my image is at 34" (10" higher). Only if you want the image at the exact same level as the base of the projector do you have to worry about that negative thing. That negative remark is deceiving. If I was the one making the program I'd call it negative if the image was PAST the base of the projector.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the clarification. Lets see if I got it right.

Assuming I wanted to center a 45" hight image at 52.5" on my wall, that would put the bottom of the screen at 30". Again using your 10" figure, that would put the base of my projector at 20" from the floor. Correct!

Don

·
Registered
272 Posts
They just warn because the drawing does not fully correspond with the calculation for negative A values - on the text page there's no warning. On the drawing, A is always shown as going down from the top of the screen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.