AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lens shift does not degrade the picture quality like digital keystone right? I have a fixed height shelf at 73" tall so I need to be able to shift the image vertically.

Can anyone with a digital projector list what they have and whether it has lens shift or not. I want to make a list of projectors to look at.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Robert,

I have an 11HT, and it does not have Lens shift.

I belive the sanyo PLV 60 does, and also the Sharp Z9000.

The way I think it works is that with the lens shift the projector in ceiling mount mode can be anywhere between the top and the center of the image without the need for image compromising digital keystone correction.

For desktop installation, that means it would have to be below the center of the image. I could easily be wrong though.

Brett D

·
Registered
150 Posts
My PLV60 has lens shift. Note that it works best when the projector is upright. When inverted on the ceiling, the range with which you can move the image down towards the floor is limited.

The image is not distorted with lens shift.

Ray

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ Robert Joe

lens shift will do a correction of the picture in an optical way, therfoer you will not loose information or lines of the picture. The only thing whhich you will loose will brightness, The lenses for an opticla lens shift will be bigger than they must be for the normal projektion. In the oppsite there will the lectronilcal correction. The correction will be done by removing or squezzing lines in an electronical way. You will loose picture quality but no brightness.

stacking pj togteher - for example two - and show one correct picture, the unist have to use opticla lens shift

hb

·
Banned
770 Posts
All bigger Sanyo's and their clones will have lens shift. There are a few others out there as well but most (not all) will be bigger machines.

·
Registered
502 Posts
you can really say, that all new pj , with a brighntness of 3500 and more will have an optical lens shift, thes pj a normally used in rental or in big confernce rooms

hb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.