AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not talking about a lens that squeezes the image in a 16x9 format. I am looking for a lens that could reduce the image size. I will like to put my projector farther back but the image gets just to big. What kind of lens can I used to accomplish this? I am talking about reducing the image by 25% to 40%.

Thank you!

My projector is a Viewsonic PJL830 (davis 450 clone)

Bruno

[This message has been edited by bgosselin (edited 05-14-2001).]

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
It all depends upon the lens mounting scheme of your particular projector. Some of them have a standardized mounting system, and wil allow the huge plethora of lenses that are out there to be used on that model. There are more 'LONG' lenses available on E-BAY top satisfy the most foolish and deep-pocketed buyer out there. Most people want SHORT-THROW lenses, and the long throw lenses are cheap an plentiful, even the most costly.

I'll see if I can come up with one. I seem to recall one Bauch and Lomb set of THREE long lenses for Hasslebad slide projectors being opffered by AVFORSALE on e-bay. They are probably going to go cheap, even though the lenses where probably about $2k each, as a guess.

It turns ou that the ones I was thinking of are 'Buhl' brand long zoom lenses for 35mm slide projectors: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1236543006

There are litterally at least 100 or more lenses available at any given time on e-bay. Not camera, but projection lenses.

------------------

goosystems.com

Ken Hotte

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by KBK (edited 05-14-2001).]

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
KBK,

I would also be interested in one for my NEC VT540 projector, if you can come up with one, or at least a specific name or model I should look into.

Thanks,

Mike

------------------

Let's go out to the lobby.

Let's go out to the lobby.

To have ourselves a snack!

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Not to cut in line, but I might also be interested in budget long throw lense for my VT540.

KBK - I was actually looking at some long throw lenses last week and noticed that they were for slide projectors. Aside for the mounting, are there any other differences? Optical, quality, etc.?

Thanks!

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone knows what are the lens specs relative to a Viewsonic pjl830? I can't find them on Viewsonic and Davis website. I will probably need the DMD size as well.

Thank you

Bruno

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.