AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Surely, you can't be serious.

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Rest in Peace, Leslie.

·
Registered
20,652 Posts
Whoa. Just saw this.
Leslie was a class act. He will be missed. RIP.

Frank: Nice beaver!

Jane: Thank you. I just had it stuffed.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
I also just saw this not too long ago, and was going to start a thread. One of my all-time favorite comedian actors. Perfect combination of deadpan serious expressions in the midst or hilariously comedic scenes. I think a movie tribute is due soon in our household.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Thanks to Leslie Neilson, if a friend ticks me off, I call them "Poopy Pants".

RIP

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
A great comedic actor.

I still have all 6 episodes of the original police squad tv series on a VHS tape. Came from a comedy channel showing of all six one night. I keep meaning to transfer it to dvd. Maybe someone will show it in tribute and I can get a cleaner copy.

Actually available on DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Police-Squad-C...1047714&sr=1-1

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/19560949

What a transformation. From Forbidden Planet to Police Squad.

Leslie, you will be missed.

Glad to see the reference to Forbidden Planet. With all due respect to the comedies he played in, my first thought when I heard the news was back to Forbidden Planet which has been a favorite of mine since I saw it as a kid in the local town theater. He truly was an interesting actor.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartinko /forum/post/19563414

Glad to see the reference to Forbidden Planet. With all due respect to the comedies he played in, my first thought when I heard the news was back to Forbidden Planet which has been a favorite of mine since I saw it as a kid in the local town theater. He truly was an interesting actor.

Pretty cool how he was able to re-invent himself from a leading man to comedic actor. Peter Graves reminds me of that as well.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
funny, funny guy.

i feel old losing leslie and kirschner on the same day.

they made some of my favorite movies.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Leslie Nielsen (and Lloyd Bridges and Robert Stack) were the reason that Airplane! was so gut-wrenchingly hilarious, and it was entirely because they had so firmly established themselves with decades of work as serious actors. The comedies that followed were good enough, but nothing can possibly compare to that first experience of hearing such wacky lines coming from the mouths of men who had earned so much respect.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally
funny, funny guy.

i feel old losing leslie and kirschner on the same day.

they made some of my favorite movies.
O.k., I give...who'se Kirschner??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.