AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone aware of a chair of similar dimensions to the Berkline 088 but less expensive? (e.g., "Coaster" price, manual recline, etc.)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Yes, the Private Collection Seating will have 3033-Ovations group (see attached doc) that is similar to Berkline 45088, and you can even get it with wireless buttkickers and individual seat control technology.

3033-Ovations.doc 200.5k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
The forum rules do not allow publishing pricing - we need to obey the forum rules.

The dimentions for 2 arm recliner are: 33"Wx38"Dx38.5"H

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
David,

I know this, but these are very new seats, and I do not have all the info as of yet...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Once pricing comes out, I would love to know them. I would be curious though if they are 50% of the cost of 088 or something even better.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
chiltown,

No, they are not 50% of the cost of the Berkline 45088s.

I am also sure that you would love to see them to be given out for free, wouldn't you?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Who wouldn't want to receive something for free? 50% was the number that flowed if Berkline wanted to be in the same price range as Coaster. If it worked out to be 30-40% of the price of 088 that would be just as good.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Chiltown,

I was wondering where you are getting your info?

The Coasters are not 50% cheaper than the Berkline 45088.

Get your facts straight...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Roman do you have an eta for the 3033 chairs? Would it still stand to reason if I am over 5'8" I would still want a different chair?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Mercenary,

I do not have an exact date as of yet. These can be available by the end of August, but there is also a possibility that the manufacturer will not offer them in the first shipment. If you are taller than 5'8" I would definitely recommend a higher back chair. The 38'5" high back will not provide good head support for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply so if I want to stay small the best option is the 45004? What does everyone think the normal or optimal size "row" is? my room is 144" wide and I would like to get a 4 seat config in there... Just seems my options are limited and the price seems to go up for the smaller chairs...

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Mercenary,

Yes the 45004 would be a better choice in this case. You can go with chair/loveseat/chair configuration that will take 115" and have space (29") for one isle. You can also reconfigure the seats and have two separate loveseats with the isle in the middle (just an option).

The smaller chairs are not more expensive. They are less expensive. You need to compare prices on domestic groups since the 45004 is a chair that Berkline makes in US.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh /forum/post/14259031

Chiltown,

I was wondering where you are getting your info?

The Coasters are not 50% cheaper than the Berkline 45088.

Get your facts straight...

You typically see Coasters average around $1K for three from various retailers. If buyers can secure 45088 for around $1,500 then it is most certainly a great deal and you should be successful selling a lot.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
BILLSID29,

The 084 is a discontinued model, but yes you can of course. More than that you can even get a retrofit kit that the Berkline uses to install the buttkickers, unless you want to do everything yourself...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Glad I found this thread.

I had been considering the 088/45088's from the beginning and just now starting really researching the seating options. The 45004 seems like it almost may be good option (I'm 5'11-ish)

I am also interested in the 3033-Ovations or any other similarly sized chair groups. The room width is my main limiting factor.

My current plan is to do one row of 3 seats on the riser (8' wide, 7' deep), and possibly a chair/loveseat/chair configuration in the front. The room is about 13'5", so I'd get about a 2' aisle on each side which is small, but probably manageable.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
jamis,

45004 should be your ticket. None of the two – the Berkline 45088 and the Private Collection - 3033 will give you adequate head support.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh /forum/post/14259219

Mercenary,

Yes the 45004 would be a better choice in this case. You can go with chair/loveseat/chair configuration that will take 115" and have space (29") for one isle. You can also reconfigure the seats and have two separate loveseats with the isle in the middle (just an option).

The smaller chairs are not more expensive. They are less expensive. You need to compare prices on domestic groups since the 45004 is a chair that Berkline makes in US.

I hope this helps.

If this was configured as 2 separate loveseats what would be the width on each? I too have a 144" wide room like an above poster and I'm 6'3" so the tall backed chairs are of interest to me. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts